Sunday, August 10, 2014

Welcome to the Teaching for Fun and Understanding



WELCOME
Today, everyone is striving to improve the learning experiences of students that trust us to teach and guide them.  The purpose of this blog is to share the experiences, the ideas, and the wisdom of the author and other courageous educators both professional and home teachers.  It is the author's hope that this blog will help infuse the character of Christ, creativity, joy, and strong learning and design practices in our daily teachings.  I hope you will find renewal and fun during the long school year when you visit this blog.

WORD CLOUDS

I am halfway through my M.E.D. in Instructional Design and Technology.  While studying, I found word clouds to be a great way to create my own anchor charts to remember things.  Word clouds are those beautiful images with words about a topic floating about the page in different orientations and sizes.  Recently, I found a website for children that allows them to create and print their very own word clouds.  


This is an interesting way to display a poem or an idea.  It allows the students to practice typing and familiarize themselves with concepts like font and orientation.  Below, there is a picture of an I-Can anchor chart turned into a word cloud.  These I-Can items are from The Daily Five by Joan Moser and Gail Boushey, ”The Two Sisters".  I am using these word clouds on my bulletin board, and I am allowing early finishers to make their own.  Overall, I think word clouds are an easy way to make learning personal and beautiful.  






4 comments:

  1. Teaching is always fun and learning with students Vero Beach Tutoring word cloud is really an amazing way to learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beneficial workout for me to go through your webpage. Boynton Beach Tutoring It definitely stretches the limits with the mind when you go through very good info and make an effort to interpret it properly. I am going to glance up this web site usually on my PC. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them.Special needs Tutor Wellesley Thanks so much for sharing this information. Greatly help me being a newbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found so many interesting thing in your blog and I really love that. Special needs Tutor Alpine Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete